Friday, January 27, 2012

Type II diabetes

IN October the blood test came back with a Very high A1C. (10)

the number was a surprise but the glucose meter also showed a 250+ reading so the time is now here to be smart about my food intake and be like my father and pay attention to my hereditary problem of diabetes.

Since the wake up call I have reduced my carb intact and drop my sugar intake to near zero.

The daily monitoring of my blood glucose before dinner is showing a control if I pay attention. Nightly readings of 110 to 130 are regular. The water intake and outflow was really changed. My weight has dropped 8-9 pounds from Oct 1 and now am at 184#.

The med changed from Metformin to Janumet twice a day and we will see what that brings.

Eggs, Protein, Nuts, carrots, and watching the intake is part of my life not.

No cure but the path monkey is a constant reminder what I have to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment